Monday, November 8, 2010

Poverty Presentation

I'm going to do the same format as I did for my critique of my presentation
Overall Thought: Good presentation.
Things that Went Well:
The Presenters: All of the presenters knew their information and transitioned well. I had no trouble hearing, and they were able to keep my attention about 95% of the time.

The Prezi: I have actually never heard of a Prezi before, and I thought it was really cool. It really does beat the usual PowerPoint and helped the presentation along. Also, it felt like the presenters knew how to use it even though there were a few technical errors. Overall, good addition to the presentation.

The Roles: I liked that we all had different roles during the presentation. I liked how they were incorporated into the presentation. It kind of put things into perspective.

Things that Did not go too Well:
The information: The information for me seemed like a review of things I already knew at times. Granted, there was some information that I did not know, but most of it has been stuff that I have learned in the past. Because of all of this, there were times when my attention was lost and was never fully gained back.

The Roles: As I said above, I really liked the idea, but I feel like it wasn't used enough. I would have liked them to be more incorporated into the presentation. I had a lot of trouble answering the first ticket out question, and more inclusiveness could have helped me out. Overall, good idea, but somewhat bad execution.

Participation: I feel like there could have been a little more participation in this presentation. I just don't know how, but I do know that there were times when I lost my drive to pay attention. I just felt bogged down by the lecture and wanted something else to do. I think expanding the roles could have been something to help the situation.

I think that's about it. I enjoyed the presentation and am looking forward to the discussions that lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment